Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Women's Bible Study



I gave you a little "teaser" at the end of my last blog about our Women's Bible Study but today I just came home from our study once again and I am overflowing with hope for the women in our church.  As I mentioned we are going through a sermon series on Ruth and are using some different studies combined to have video and discussion time.  Our video series comes from Mars Hill in Seattle, WA and is of Mark Driscoll preaching.  He has been an encouraging source of Biblical truth for Jonerik and I for a long time and I was excited to share this with our women.

Here is a link to the series that we are watching
Redeeming Ruth

The great thing that we are able to do in this setting is to break up into smaller groups of usually 3-5 people and discuss what we have watched and/or read.  We are also able to really talk about prayer requests and what God is doing in our lives.

We have two women from a supporting church come to help lead this group and Nikki and I also help facilitate the discussion groups and organize ideas.

My hope overflows from our good conversations and how I am able to see God changing my heart and moving in the hearts of the women around me.  There are very diverse backgrounds and life situations that sit around the table and out of that diversity comes unique perspectives on the tough issues of life and the amazing creativity in God's pursuit of each of us.

Please pray for this Bible study, that we would continue to learn truth and that we would continue to grow a sense of unity and love that can only come from Jesus Christ.  Being a woman of God in Kensington is not an easy task - we need Christ and we need each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment