Monday, October 3, 2011

Poem by a friend...

A friend of ours approached me recently and asked me to share this poem in hopes that it may help someone else struggling in a hard place:

Antifreeze is to cool an engine down.

I drank antifreeze down cup after cup.

Then went to sleep with antifreeze running through me.

My husband died.
I lived!

A true miracle of God.

I can speak!
I can see!
I can hear!

I can actually write this down due to God alone.

I live because he chose for me to live.

Why he chose to intervene?
I know not why.

It goes beyond understanding and knowledge.

I am walking with the Lord now.

God is the only one who can truly love us.

He can give us a peace beyond understanding.

He can reach through pain that no one else can get too!

To invite him into your life changes your life.

It brings breath to life.

Why he chose me is a mystery to me!

Many choose suicide as a way out.

My own father chose to shoot himself.

The cost of suicide is a high price!
It’s a ticket straight to hell not death or rest!

So before you try to kill yourself why not invite the Lord your personal savior into your life!

-Anonymous Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment